The fabulous and very awesome Struggling Librarian nominated me for an awesome sauce award which is very exciting after only blogging for a couple of weeks. Many thanks 😀
Stealing The awesome librarians description
“The awesome sauce award, to me, is an award to someone who is currently winning at life by oozing with awesomeness. ‘Nuff said.”
And there was me unaware I was oozing awesomeness
- If you could buy ONE item RIGHT now, what would it be? I really, really want my own barbell. Not sure why as the crossfit box has plenty but I do. Also I would love to have a new sofa that hadn’t been peed on by cats as cleaning it caused the middle to slightly collapse!
- If you were to write a book what would you write about? Probably something about raising a child with ADHD and autism. There is so much misinformation out there if had time I would love to explain that actually kids who are neuro diverse are just as capable as kids who are neuro typical. Perhaps parenting can be a little more challenging, but so very worth it.
- Would you recover a friendship with someone that you have lost contact with? Oh yes and I have done a number of times. I’m in my early 40s and across the years I’ve changed where I live as well as how I live. I’ve married and had children. My first child was born at an age most of my friends were still spending most their time getting drunk. All of this meant I drifted apart from different people at different times. I’ve also drifted back together with people. In fact three of the people who were super amazing when my little girl had cancer were rekindled friends. One from way back in my teenage Rock days, two from uni.
- What are you currently listening to that you’re slightly embarrassed about? I love playing happy music in the car, at the moment Adam and the Ants is a big favourite (shhhhhhh)
- What life goal have you recently accomplished? I kept my family together and going while my little girl fought cancer. Not so much a life goal but definitely feels like an accomplishment as it was one hell of a year. Most goals were put on hold while she was poorly to be honest. I hope to return to uni in 2017 to finish my graduate diploma in law though.
- If you could provide a piece of advice to give to the world, what would it be? Don’t worry about trivia. Seriously having the “best” this or that. Being a size 6, how much money you have, what religion you are compared to that person none of that actually matters. Very few of the things we worry about matter. The only thing that does matter is love and how you treat other living things. The other thing I would say on an individual level is hang on through the hard times. Sometimes life will rip a hole right the middle of you and you will feel like it couldn’t possibly ever be ok again. It can and it will.
- What are your dreams usually about (your literal dreams or your life dreams)? My life dream is a big ole farm house, all my family and loads of pets.
- What could the world really take advantage of when it comes to media, life, the world in general? We are more connected than ever, that should be used to bring people together.
- When you get home in the evening from work or school, what helps you relax? (Beside booze, we all know that helps).Reading and dark chocolate.
- You just discovered you can teleport on will, where do you go? To Switzerland where my husband works most the time, I try not to dwell but I majorly miss him sometimes.
- Thank the person who has awarded you this awesome award, or don’t and be a jerk.
- Explain what the awesome sauce award IS (use my description or make your own!).
- Answer the questions.
- Copy and Paste the rules
- Tag the bloggers you think qualify for this award!
- Have fun with it!